Call for Instructors
We are continually looking for educators who are enthusiastic about art to join our team and teach visual art classes for preschool, elementary-age, and teenage students, as well as adults.
Candidates that love teaching and are responsible, reliable, and flexible are encouraged to apply. Good organization and classroom management skills are required. Familiarity with the Ohio Department of Education 2012 Visual Art Standards is helpful and a B.A. in art education, studio art, or similar field is preferred.
Candidates must be able to pass a criminal record check.
- Bachelor degree in arts education, or equivalent experience with/teaching of the visual arts.
- Enthusiasm for arts education.
- PreK-12 teaching experience; classroom management skills and willingness to work with a team of educators required.
- Ability to be flexible and stay calm in a shared space and ever changing environment.
- Well-developed public speaking skills.
- Able to deal professionally and sensitively with a diverse audience.
- Strong organizational skills; exceptional resourcefulness and flexibility; displays good judgment; problem solving; exercises tact and diplomacy at all times.
- Excellent project management – organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization – skills essential. Effective interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable with technology, including use of social media, mobile devices and other relevant media.
- Experience with lesson plans.
- Self-directed, able to work independently and assist in ordering supplies for your particular class.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, electronic mail, and calendar software applications.
- Position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule.
Those interested in applying should email a cover letter, resume, photographs of your own artwork and/or student artwork, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail application information to:
Mansfield Art Center
700 Marion Ave.
Mansfield, OH 44906
Email is the preferred method for applying, with all attachments in PDF format only. The subject line of your email must include your full name and title of the position for which you are applying (for example: John Smith, Painting Instructor). Please do not include the cover letter and/or resume in the body of your email.