CROWFEST – CAW FOR ART
Join us as we celebrate the heralded migration of thousands of crows to The MAC forest. Our 2nd Annual CrowFest will feature a wide variety of crow-inspired artwork in every medium. An Opening Festival with Artist Reception will be held on Sat, Oct 14, 2023; food trucks, craft beer, and fall festivities, as well as an Art Awards presentation. Best In Crow will be selected by our guest juror (TBA), as well as categories by medium.
Calendar of Events:
- Digital Submissions | Sept 3 – 16
- In Person Receiving | Sept 22 & 23
- Jurying | Tuesday, Sept 26
- Notification of acceptance (phone/email): Wednesday, Sept 27
- MAC Masquerade Party | Fri, Oct 13
- Artist Reception & Opening | Sat, Oct 14
- Artwork Pick-Up | Nov 1 – 4
- Open to all artists.
- Each artist may submit up to TWO pieces of crow themed artwork.
- Artwork in any medium will be considered.
- All entries must be the original composition of the artist & owned by the artist.
- All entries must be dry & ready to hang/display.
- Artwork that has been accepted into any prior Mansfield Art Center exhibition is not eligible for entry.
- Accepting digital submissions: September 3 – September 16
- Please send images of your work to: email@example.com
- Please pay for your entries here: https://www.mygiving.net/donate/CROWFEST
- Images must be labeled as: Artist Name_Title of Piece_Dimensions
- Summary Card must be attached to email & correspond with images submitted.
- Entries are $5 a piece, and are accepted digitally or in person.
- Payment accepted in person with delivery, or pay HERE for Digital Submissions.
- Summary Card must correspond with entry labels.
- 2D – place label on the back upper right corner.
- 3D – place label on the bottom of the piece.
- A 40% commission will be deducted from the sale price of any work sold during the show.
- All entries must have a declared insurance value listed. Insurance value is 50% of the Sale/NFS Price.
- The MAC cannot accept responsibility for unselected entries, entries that are not securely framed, wired, unrealistically valued, or fragile.
- The MAC reserves the right to use submitted work for marketing and publicity of Crowfest.
- The MAC reserves the right to remove work at any time.
- Responsibility for selected work ends at 4pm Sunday, November 5, 2023.
- Entry of work constitutes acceptance of all stated conditions.